According to Advertising Specialty Institute (ASI), 66% of tailgaters have been given a foot-ball related shirt that also advertises a business. Out of the 1,261 people who answered the ASI survey, 79% said that they generally drink alcohol while tailgating or at a football party. The opportunity here for football promotional items such as can coolers and water bottles is enormous.
ASI's Survey Stats
Of those who answered the survey:
- 83% generally drink beer while tailgating
- 72% participated in a football pool while tailgating
- 62% have attended a tailgating event at a football game
- 62% bought a logoed football t-shirt or polo in the last year
- 52% bought logoed football custom caps in the last year
- 44% bought logoed football logo sweatshirts in the last year
- 38% have gotten drunk at a tailgating or football party
- 27% generally drink hard alcohol while tailgating
- 17% generally drink wine while tailgating
What This Means to You
President and CEO of ASI, Timothy M. Andrews says, "American football fans rank among the most devoted in the world, and they show their team spirit with logoed team tees and caps they proudly wear to tailgating parties devoted to beer, burgers and betting."
Andrews goes on to add, "Promotional products are also a safe bet for businesses looking for inexpensive and effective advertising for their company, product or event."